Easyweld rods test #1
Sledgehammer... meet breather pipe. Having just sealed up the gap with the easyweld rods I figured a bit of destructive testing would be in order. This piece got one blow from a 10lb sledgehammer aimed fairly and squarely at the area of the join.
It's worth noting at this point that I did only minimal surface preparation of the component. Whilst I cleaned the area to be welded as instructed by the accompanying leaflet, the cut made by the angle-grinder/cutting disc had smooth walls. If one were going for maximum adhesion I suspect roughening the edges would make for a better contact area.
Now let's see if I can fix the damage using the rods again :-D
Filesize: 118.2 kb
Created: 24/12/2015 03:52:12
Modified: 08/10/2010 00:57:00